Thursday 24 July 2014

Creating my quote wall

last year when I decorated my room I decided that I wanted a quote wall.  I decided that I was going to do create my quote wall on my main wall and have it as a kind of feature wall for my room.  I also decided that I would write out the quotes myself!  Soon after I had decorated my room I began writing out my quotes, I had it in my head where each one would go and it was going to look amazing.  I already had posters on my walls of my favourite bands and singers - and Joey Essex obvs, but after I explained to everyone what my plans where, my sister didn't want to go ahead with it being on the walls and because I share a room with her I had to take her views into consideration and think of another way that I could still create my quote wall but not have it on the walls, so I decided to put them on the inside door of the wardrobe.  I knew that this would be a good place because I can still see them and my wardrobe doors are open most of the time because I store basically EVERYTHING in there!  so I carried on creating these little pieces of paper with small quotes on.  I then stuck them on my wardrobe door, but there were still lots of spaces and I didn't like it so I carried on them making the little quotes because I wanted to fill up the whole door!  I managed to make just the right amount to fill up the whole door.  It took me almost 6 months to complete it, the reason for this was because I made half of the quotes in around 1 month  and then the rest over 5 months, I don't know why I did this but I regret it because I should have just done all of the quotes in the first month so I could have just got it done... but I do really like it and every time I need to look at something that makes me happy I just look at my quote wall.  I do have to admit that my favourite quotes are the peter pan ones at the bottom of the door.  I really liked the fault in our stars quotes that much that i only wrote one on my quote wall and wrote the rest of the quotes out of the book and  film on a piece of paper and created a poster to put on my wall.
 
Love Shannon
xx












No comments:

Post a Comment